This brochure contains important information. Please retain for future reference.
Artesian City Federal Credit Union has, on your request, issued you, or will issue you, the ATM card as a convenience for use in automatic teller machines and other electronic devices. By retaining, using and/or authorizing another person to use my ATM card, I accept and agree to all terms and conditions outlined below and am bound by all rules, regulations, and/or operating procedures of the Credit Union; and I shall be liable for all use of my card in connection with this service.
1. The words "I", "me" and "my" as used in this Agreement mean the cardholder or both cardholders if this is a joint account.
2. The ATM card is a debit card, not a credit card. All ATM cards are property of the Credit Union which may, without liability or advance notice, revoke or limit any or all card uses in this Agreement. Upon demand, I will surrender my ATM card to the Credit Union. ATM card(s) are not transferable.
3. I will hold in strict confidence my personal identification number (PIN). I will take reasonable precautions to keep my PIN separate from my ATM card and to prevent the unauthorized disclosure of my PIN.
4. My ATM card may be used for cash withdrawals from my Credit Union account at all automated teller machines (ATM) authorized by the Credit Union. My ATM card may also be used for cash withdrawals at such ATMs as may be specifically identified by the Credit Union from time to time.
5. I will notify the Credit Union immediately of the loss, theft, or unauthorized use of my ATM card and/or my PIN. When the Credit Union receives this information from me, a partial freeze will be placed on my account immediately and not withdrawals from this account will be permitted by use of the identified ATM card and/or PIN. Upon proper execution of a lost card affidavit and any other document required by the Credit Union, the Credit Union will issue a new ATM card and/or PIN.
6. A receipt issued to you regarding an attempted electronic fund transfer shall be evidence of, but shall not be conclusive evidence of the same. (The transfer and/or transaction is subject to collection, verification or audit by the Credit Union and also shall be subject to your compliance with all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement and with the terms and conditions of the accounts being accessed or affected by such attempted transfer and/or transaction.)
7. The Credit Union will not be liable for failure to honor my ATM card due to improper use, rejection of my card by any ATM network, my bankruptcy or termination of this agreement. The Credit Union shall not be liable for failure to honor my ATM card because the Credit Union or its agents inadvertently identified me and/or my account by name and/or account number or otherwise, on any "Cancellation Bulletin", "Fraud Sheet" or other written publication, or publishing same orally s being delinquent, in arrears, in default, being used without my permission or without the Credit Union's permission, or that the card is stolen, lost, revoked, expired, canceled, or terminated. The Credit Union will not be liable if circumstances beyond its control (such as fire or flood or other extenuating circumstances) prevent the transactions(s), despite reasonable precautions, from being completed; or if the Credit Union has, because of my default, exercised its rights against funds in my account pursuant to a pledge, a right of offset or a statutory lien. Transactions made after the close of normal business hours may be posted as of the next business day. The Credit Union will also be excused from such liability if I fail to observe the terms and conditions of this agreement, or other account agreements which relate to such "electronic fund transfer".
8. The number and location of the ATM is subject to change at any time. If I have an ATM card and a PIN, the Credit Union will keep me informed from time to time of the locations of ATMs.
9. I will promptly examine the Credit Union's periodic statements of account and will promptly notify the Credit Union of any errors or irregularities.
10. I agree to advise the Credit Union promptly in writing of any change of address. Mail addressed to me at my address of record with the Credit Union shall be deemed to be properly addressed.
11. All notices from the Credit Union will be effective from the time the Credit Union gives them to me or mails them to me at the last address the Credit Union has for me in the Credit Union's records. Unless separate notices are required by law, notice given or mailed to one cardholder is effective as to the other cardholder(s).
12. If I obtain cash from an ATM or any ATM network which creates an overdraft in my account, the overdraft is due and payable the moment I receive it and I agree to pay the full amount to the Credit Union, together with interest at the rate specified per year from the date I receive the cash to the date the full amount of the overdraft is paid and/or, at the option of the Credit Union, a service charge in accordance with the rate schedules adopted by the Credit Union from time to time; I also authorize the Credit Union, in such case, to apply from other shares or deposits I may have in the Credit Union such amount as may be necessary to pay such overdraft amount. If the overdraft is created in my share account, (1) a transfer will be made from my regular savings account to cove the overdraft, in accordance with my Share Draft Agreement with the Credit Union, or (2) if I have no overdraft protection for my Share Draft account, such overdraft shall be paid to the Credit Union as provided in the first sentence of this section.
13. If the Credit Union has to file a lawsuit to collect what I owe, I will pay the reasonable expenses, including 15% of the amount due as attorney's fees.
14. I can terminate this agreement either by closing my designated account(s) or by notifying the Credit Union in writing and no longer using my ATM card or PIN at any ATM or ATM network. If more than one person is authorized to use Credit Union services on my designated accounts, or if the other person has my ATM Card or Pin, the Credit Union cannot stop that person from making transactions on my account(s) without terminating my services. I agree to allow the Credit Union until midnight of its next business day to terminate my services after I give the Credit Union notice. I remain responsible for any ATM transactions during this time, subject to any limitations set forth in any governing law. I understand that if this Agreement is terminated by one cardholder as provided herein, the Agreement is terminated as to all cardholders.
15. The Credit Union can also terminate this agreement at any time for any reason and without notice. For instance, the Credit Union may decide to discontinue ATM services entirely, or terminate my ATM privileges for security reasons or, if I do not use my ATM card and PIN within a reasonable length of time, terminate my ATM privileges for that reason. Any termination of this agreement will not relieve me of any liability under the said agreement. Any firm, institution and/or merchant honoring the card has the right to retain or request the surrender of any revoked, canceled or expired card.
16. The Credit Union may amend this agreement in any manner and at any time without restatement of the terms herein. For example, the Credit Union may impose charges for ATM transactions, a monetary limit on cash withdrawals made with my ATM card within a single day and any such other restrictions in the future as the Credit Union deems reasonable. If the Credit Union does so, the Credit Union will give me such advance notice thereof as it deems to be reasonable under the circumstances, however, in certain cases required by law, the Credit Union will give me at least twenty one (21) days advance written notice. In the even the Credit Union determines that any immediate change is necessary to maintain or restore the security of either the ATM system or any account, then the Credit Union may make the necessary change without advising me in advance. I agree to pay any and all charges imposed by the Credit Union.
17. All the terms and conditions of written agreements which I have previously made with the Credit Union regarding the use of my Share Draft (and/or share account(s)) Accounts will apply to all transactions in which my ATM card and an ATM are used, unless any terms of those agreements conflict with the terms of this agreement, in which case, the terms of this agreement will control.
18. The provisions of the attached disclosure are part of this agreement and are binding on me and the Credit Union.
19. The Credit Union can delay enforcing any of its rights against me under this agreement without losing them.
20. Any questions under this agreement will be decided by Georgia law. If any term of this agreement cannot be legally enforced, the agreement is to be considered changed to the extent necessary to comply with the law.
ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANFER (EFT) INITIAL DISCLOSURE
In compliance with the Electronic Funds Transfer Act, we are providing you with the following disclosure of terms and conditions of electronic transfers involving Artesian City Federal Credit Union share draft and savings accounts.
DISCLOSURE OF CONSUMER'S LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED TRANSFERS AND DISCLOSURE OF ADVISABILITY OF PROMPT REPORTING
Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your card or PIN code has been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account. If you tell us within two (2) business days, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your card or PIN code without permission.
If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card or PIN code, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using our card or PIN code without permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
DISCLOSURE OF TELEPHONE NUMBER AND ADDRESS TO BE NOTIFIED IN THE EVENT OF UNAUTHORIZED TRANSFER
If you believe your card or PIN code has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call:
Artesian City Federal
100 Flint Avenue
Albany, Georgia 31701
DISCLOSURE OF WHAT CONSTITUTES A BUSINESS DAY OF INSTITUTION
Our business days are Monday through Friday. Holidays are not included.
DISCLOSURE OF TYPES OF AVAILABLE TRANSFERS AND LIMITS ON TRANSFERS
1. You may use your card to:
2. You may withdraw up to $200.00 may be withdrawn from your account each day.
3. Card replacement fee: $5.00.
DISCLOSURE OF CHARGES FOR ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSACTIONS
(A) Two ATM transactions per month will be allowed at no charge. This does not include any surcharge that may be assessed by the ATM owner.
(B) A fee of $1.00 per transaction will be assessed for ATM transactions in excess of two per month. This fee will be in addition to any surcharges assessed by the ATM owner.
(C) Making withdrawals from share accounts (not share draft accounts) via an ATM could result in additional fees being assessed if withdrawals are made more than three times within a quarter. See Rate and Fee Schedule for share and share draft accounts.
(D) An NSF fee of $20.00 will be assessed for each ATM transaction that would create a negative balance to the share account.
(E) Refer to the Share & Share Draft Accounts Rate and Fee Schedule for additional charges.
DISCLOSURE OF ACCOUNT INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
1. Where it is necessary for completing transfers;
2. In order to comply with government agency or court orders;
3. If you give us your written permission; or
4. In order to verify the existence and condition of the account for a third party such as a merchant or credit bureau.
DISCLOSURE OF RIGHT TO RECEIVE DOCUMENTATION OF TRANSFERS
1. Preauthorized credits. If you have arranged to have direct deposits made to your account at least once every sixty (60) days from the same person or company, you can call us at (912) 436-0869 to find out whether or not the deposit has been made.
2. Periodic statements reflecting your EFT activity. You will a monthly share draft (and savings) statement.
DISCLOSURE OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTION'S LIABILITY FOR FAILURE TO MAKE TRANSFERS
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable for instance:
1. If through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer or if your account is frozen because of a court order or some other similar reason;
2. If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevented the transfer despite reasonable precautions that we have taken; or
3. If any other exception arises as stated in our agreement with you.
IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFERS
Telephone us at once by calling:
Artesian City Federal
100 Flint Avenue
Albany, Georgia 31701
as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong, or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
1. Tell us your name and account number.
2. Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
3. Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days.
We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10) business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will recredit your account within ten (10) business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not recredit your account.
If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within three (3) business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
WARNING: Wrongfully obtaining funds from Artesian City Federal Credit Union by use of an ATM card or other access device constitutes a federal criminal offense punishable by fine or imprisonment, or both.
WARNING: As part of the security system for the protection of your ATM Card and PIN, hidden cameras and other security devices may be used to determine who is using an ATM card at any automated teller machine.